EQUINE ASSISTED PSYCHOTHERAPY PROGRAMS
Whether you are looking for an individual, family or business-related experience, the programs at Rise Canyon Ranch offer unique interactions designed to transform thoughts, emotions, and belief patterns that impact lives. Our mission focuses on utilizing the unique power of our gifted team of horses, Equine Specialists and Licensed Psychotherapists to activate wellness while striving to offer access to everyone in our community and beyond. We pride ourselves on establishing an emotionally safe, judgement-free, encouraging setting that fosters awakenings, growth and healing.
Here’s what you can expect during your participation at Rise Canyon Ranch:
Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP)
You will interact with a licensed mental health professional, an equine specialist and your individually-matched “horse partner” through unmounted (you stay on the ground), hands-on activities. The focus will be on helping you develop the ability to gain self-insight and draw conclusions that are used to change your behaviors.
The human-horse bond helps clients develop several skills:
- Mutual trust
- A host of others
EAP allows you and your Rise Canyon Ranch team the opportunity to address:
- Process emotional traumas
- Invaluable life and coping skills
- Undiscovered mental blocks
- And so much more
Equine-Assisted Learning (EAL)
This approach to learning promotes the development of life skills for educational, professional and personal goals through equine-assisted activities. You will partner with your horse, Therapist, and Equine Specialist to reveal your modes of operation, areas of concern, and internal landscape.
EAL allows you the opportunity to:
- Experience humility
- Express and learn compassion
- Reveal patterns of behavior
- Experience challenge
- Think in a new and productive way
- Make progress toward goals
- Change for the better
- Explore self-growth and awareness
- Discover unforeseen insights
- Learn vulnerability, trust, respect, bravery, and honesty
- Improve communication
Personal and Equine Wellness Workshop
If a custom-designed workshop for your business (large or small groups), or community group is just the thing you’ve been looking for, then Rise Canyon Ranch is the place to be. An event will be organized for you based on your specific needs.
Your group will participate in equine-assisted activities focused on:
- Personal development
- Team building
- Professional development
- Stress management
- New discoveries
Our group experiences offer a serene environment where like-minded individuals can work together to achieve professional or personal growth and individual transformation.
Walk & Talk Therapy
With or without a horse partner, (EAP) Walk and Talk therapy is a unique therapy combining traditional talk therapy with walking in and around Rise Canyon Ranch while engaging in nature.
Here’s what’s unique about your session:
- Provides a welcome change of scenery from the usual office setting
- The beauty of Rise Canyon Ranch enhances your senses
- The relaxed environment allows for comfort while discussing difficult matters
- You set the pace from a slow meditative walk to an active high energy session
- Horses are always welcome to join the Therapist and client during the Walk & Talk session
Equine-Assisted Learning helps facilitate discussion and awareness of various issues most couples encounter. Healthy romantic relationships do not just happen. They take intentionality and commitment.
Couples who attend a workshop at Rise Canyon Ranch learn to:
- Understand their patterns of emotions
- Understand their behavior traits that may be hindering growth
- Help build effective communication skills
- Gain insights from the behaviors reflected by your horse-partner
- Help determine contributors to disenchantment, resentfulness and lack of fulfillment
- Commit to ongoing partnerships
- Regain trust
- Confront unhealthy interactions
Veterans Services – Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
Rise Canyon Ranch is dedicated to providing an emotionally safe place for veterans and their families. Together, with the ideally-matched horse, Equine Specialist, and licensed Therapist, individuals and families will:
- Address the unique needs of current and former service members
- Prepare for and manage deployment
- Teach returning men and women how to bridge the gap from combat to civilian life
- Regain productive skills such as entering the workforce, rejoining their families, and furthering their education.
- Discover the benefits of the horse-human connection and how vital it is to the healing of trauma.
We offer our Veterans Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Program FREE OF CHARGE to all retired and active-duty U.S. Military. Learn more about our program–> HERE.
Adolescents Empowerment Group
This 6-week program (90 min. per weekly session) of Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy (EAP) provides a safe place for teens to talk with peers dealing with similar issues. Today’s adolescents must manage more life challenges than ever before due to the ever-changing complexity of the world. The Empowerment Group is designed to address:
- The challenges of personal relationships
- Pressure to perform scholastic requirements
- Feelings of lack of control over life’s circumstances
- Coping skills
- Sports competition and performance
- Peer influence
- Parental interactions
- Discovery of natural abilities and strengths
- Other conflicts and challenges
Working with horses allows teens to feel more relaxed, confident, hopeful and empowered in their lives.
Many of us were never taught how to communicate information and emotions in an effective way. We use verbal and non-verbal communication to convey ideas, thoughts, perceptions, hopes, fears and so much more. Additionally, many of us never learned effective and positive ways to listen to someone. Both speaking and listening are interactive skills that can be learned. This communication workshop empowers you to:
- Discover how your energy impacts another person
- Develop an awareness of how your non-verbal communication affects interpersonal interactions
- Understand how to regulate your emotions
- Learn how to clearly communicate
- Learn how to listen in a way that evokes conversation
- Learn the skills to identify your values and goals in order to explore ways to create plans for your future
If you’re interested in finding out more about one of our programs or would like to schedule an individual, group or family session please get in touch with us >>here<<.